Please log in to subscribe to updates for this article
Last updated at Sat Jan 30 07:30, by zegenie
So you want to start developing The Bug Genie stuff? ⇑ topThese howtos and articles should tell you all you need to know about getting your hands dirty in The Bug Genie code. Before you start developing, please see the section called recommended reading, and then you can get right to it.
Should you need any help, we're always available in the forums, live chat or by email support.
Recommended reading ⇑ top
- The Bug Genie coding style cheat sheet - a bit about the coding style used in The Bug Genie. Print it out or put it on your tab / pad and keep it handy.
- Modifying and extending The Bug Genie - short intro on how to get ahold of the source code and different ways of extending / modifying The Bug Genie
- The Bug Genie source code documentation - an overview of how to get the source code and how it is structured
Before you start ⇑ top
A gentle introduction to the framework ⇑ top
- Ask and you shall receive - request handling in The Bug Genie
- Routing in The Bug Genie
- Protect your routes - with automated CSRF and XSS protection
Tying it all together ⇑ top
- Route, set, Action
- The Bug Genie templates - get started writing templates and template partials
- Template variables - the hitchhikers guide to template variables
Write your own modules ⇑ top
- Your first module - get started writing modules
- Extending TBG via events - extend TBG with builtin events
Advanced topics ⇑ top
- Event handling - about hooks and dispatchers
Integration ⇑ top
- JSON API - integrate TBG with other systems easily